Well, that's the journey of Cheese In China. It's our last afternoon here, and we'll be visiting the U.S. embassy and getting Ava's passport this afternoon. Then we're up REALLY early local time for the long flights home (5 done, 3 to go). Thanks to everyone who has been following our journey, and we'll see you when we get back.
Thanks also to everyone (including Bethany, our agency) who has helped us in so many different ways -- mowing our lawn, picking things up, driving us to and from the airport, words of encouragement, baby advice, etc. -- it's been terrific.
We plan to continue our posts on the blog as Ava grows up, albeit not quite as often, so stay tuned!
Love, Scott, Anne, and Ava
September 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Scott and Anne journeyed to China in September, 2006 to adopt their daughter, Ava. Relive their experiences through their 
8 comments:
see you soon.
Dear Anne, Scott and Ava,
Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us! It has been miraculous!
Welcome home! We can hardly wait!
Big hugs to you all!
WE LOVE YOU AVA!
Love from Grandma Mary, Grandpa Jim
(-: xoxoxo
Now it's your turn to get off the plane in Mpls as a new family while other waiting parents watch!
We're really looking forward to meeting Ava. She's just adorable and from your stories, it sounds like she's got a lot of spunk :)
It's going to be a blast sharing in this parenting adventure with you all. Welcome home!
-Jill (Peter & Truman)
I imagine you're in a plane right now...I hope all is going well...those long flights can't be easy with a little one...
So glad you're on your way home...it'll be comforting to know you're back, safe and sound, showing Ava her new home and the nice colorful room you've prepared just for her.
I'm sure you'll be needing lots of rest/sleep for a few days. Sweet dreams!
and...Welcome back Bogen Family! (Yeah!...tears of joy :-))
:-) The Meyer's (Donna, Nick, Caitlyn, Isaac & Hanna)
p.s. Let us know when Ava's ready to come out and play!!! :-)
Hope your flight was a smooth one, folks. Thanks again for such an awesome blog. With all the hustle and bustle of travel, I don't know how you did it. I hope Ava is napping peacefully now, or shrieking with delight, you know, whatever works. Welcome back home, and I can't wait to see you three!
Love,
Mike
Hi. We're Alissa's aunt and uncle from New Hampshire. Alissa and her Mom told us about your trip to China because we're going there next month. Our mission isn't as magnificent as yours; we're simply going to be tourists. We're really looking forward to the trip. Though we've spent quite a bit of time in Europe, our travels to the west of the US have been limited to swimming distance from California!
First of all, congratulations and much happiness to the new family! We've enjoyed following your blog from so many perspectives—the emotion, the thrill, the happiness, and of course the tourist aspects of it as well. You've motivated us to start our own blog bottomleychinatrip.blogspot.com, and I learned a good bit of technique from reading and analyzing yours.
I've heard that a number of popular Web sites have been blocked by the Chinese authorities as "undesirable." Clearly blogspot is not among these, as you certainly succeeded in using it. When you have a bit of time, and I realize that you will be very busy in the immediate future, could you let us know if there were any significant sites that you weren't able to access while you were there? I'd be particularly interested in the free e-mail sites such as hotmail, and any of the photo or file transfer sites. Our address is bbb@acm.org. Thanks! And our love to little Ava.
Have a safe trip home !!
Loved your journey....
Thanks for sharing-
The Waala's
I am so happy that Ava is finally here! Can't wait to see and hear more! Keep in touch
Post a Comment