July 06, 2008

4th Fun

As part of the fun this weekend, we were invited to a neighborhood 4th of July kids' parade by our friends Kendra, Erik and Drew. Here's Ava prepping her and Drew's float (aka wagon) decorations the morning of the parade. I felt proud that I had all of this stuff in my basement and didn't have to buy any decorations, but now I'm wondering if that's truly something to be proud of....

(Meanwhile, Scott and his brother were digging a massive hole in the backyard, a massive hole in which Scott and his crew will assemble our long-awaited patio.)



The sign says it all.

Hanging with Drew's dad, Erik.

Waiting for the parade to begin.

And they're off!

I took 6 photos of Ava in the bouncy castle because it's one of her favorite things in life. This is the best shot, sadly enough.

Hmmm - sparklers aren't nearly as magical at 4 in the afternoon, but the sun goes down after Ava does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL is the party wagon!

Jim

usafinks said...

soooooo cool!

hmmmm.... those crafty supplies are giving me ideas for Halloween!!

btw, Annalee thought her sparkler was a "magic wand" and initally wanted to tap everyone's head so they could become a princess LOL

Anonymous said...

I can see how the bouncy castle is Ava's favorite. She is quite the hopper. Hmm, a trampoline for Christmas?

Lisa said...

Love the party wagon!!! And yeah... I'd be pretty proud having all that stuff on hand yet somehow a bit embarassed too... lol! Can't wait to see the new patio! Oh you will love it!