

If it's even possible, we finally feel like we know what we are doing, at least in terms of the basics. Ava is healthier still, and so are we. It has made all the difference in the world. We have been very fortunate with Ava's sleeping habits, although we have been following some of the scheduling and sleeping advice in the book Good Night, Sleep Tight. The book has been invaluable, and as a result, Ava is taking two naps a day and sleeping well through the night, with just a few stirrings that last only a few minutes. Last night she slept from 7 until 2:20, at which time we gave her a bottle and then she slept until 6:30. Naps have been a little trickier, but with some of the gentle techniques in the book, we have been able to get her down fairly quickly (within 10 minutes) and she has been sleeping for about 40 min to an hour at each nap. Bedtime is easier, and she doesn't fuss anymore when we put her in the crib. We couldn't be more pleased! Ah, sweet sleep. We'll just see how long this lasts.... Since she is so close to walking now, we've read that milestones like this become additional hurdles (among many others) in getting a child to sleep.
Today for lunch Ava tried some straight-up, vitamin-packed avocado. She didn't like it as much as the tofu, although she ate about a dozen pieces before moving on to some spoon-fed sweet potatoes. She finished up with some of those yummy Gerber puffs. I think she would eat only those if we allowed her!
A couple of new things she does: Makes kissy faces and noises. Winks without being prompted. Stands for 3 or 4 seconds unassisted! (That was a surprise to her and us. She stood up with a book, and when she realized she was standing, she went straight down to her bottom!) Babbles more. When prompted, sometimes puts her arms up to indicate "all done," as we've been showing her.
We also want to just give another BIG THANKS for all the clothes, food and support everyone has been giving us. In fact, if you are not aware, bringing us food can be your ticket to see Ava sooner than later. Ha ha. Just kidding. Sort of.
Scott and Anne journeyed to China in September, 2006 to adopt their daughter, Ava. Relive their experiences through their 
7 comments:
Dear Scott, Anne and Sweet Ava,
We are just loving every single picture and description of all of the fun little things she is doing. We can't wait to see her again. We're so glad you are all feeling better. Love to you all. Kisses and hugs for Ava. Grandma Randi & Grandpa Al
P.S. We got the food hint!
Dear Scott & Anne,
Great to see that you are home with Ava. She's adorable! Glad to read that her health is on the upswing and that you may even be getting to sleep once in a while. Best wishes to the Bogen family for all the joys and settling in to come.
Take care,
Ernie Stetenfeld
I love checking the blog and seeing the new photos! I really loved that shot of Al, Randi, and Ava on the couch, with Ava in her Packers jersey. Go, you tiny Packers, go! I had to forward that one to Chad, Josh, and Todd, my old Wisconsin pals out here in NYC. I can't wait to get back and see youse guys.
Love,
Brooklyn Mike
WOW! Things are really coming along nicely! I am soooo glad for you guys!
I'm interested in your book... I'll need to take a peek at that!
The food thing is awesome isn't it? We've had a few meals brought over too and it's been pure bliss!!
Miss you guys!
Lisa :)
So...if I drive 2 hrs to bring you food early next week, you'll let me in? How about Pizza King? Will that get me in any sooner??
Jen
I love the fall pics!
Thanks for the tip on Good Night, Sleep Tight! Juleen read it first, now I will be reading it. Its helped.
Jim & Juleen
Hey - I have food for you (a couple main dish items Anne!) but have been out of town. Let me know when it works. I could also be convinced to bring it to work if you're really stopping in this week!
Stacey
Post a Comment