

Ava seems to be getting better. She hasn't thrown up since Tuesday morning and is more active and happy. She still has diarrhea, but the doctor said that is ok as long as she continues to drink and eat, even if it's only a little bit. Ava is taking her bottle more often again, although isn't drinking a full bottle quite yet. Thankfully, it's more fluid than a few days ago, and today was better than yesterday. She also discovered mango today and ate a ton of it. We were reading that mango can be introduced as early as six months, so we thought we would try it out. She just loved it, and ate herself full, along with a bunch of veggie puffs, another favorite.
She was very smiley with us this evening before bed, which was at about 6:40 tonight. That's a little earlier than we would like, but she was exhausted from playing with us this afternoon. Naturally, we're exhausted (and still sick) also, but found a sliver of time to watch television after Ava went to bed. All in all, today was really the first day that we felt like we were setting the foundations of her new routine. It's just been so difficult defining "normal" for her with the jet lag, sickness and our first attempt at parenthood, but I know we'll get there.
We mentioned the secret poop society in an earlier post, well now there's the "It's never gonna get done" society, an organization of parents dedicated to obsessing about the small things, such as taking the stinky garbage out, going to the bathroom, washing off the kitchen table, UNPACKING!, picking up mushed bananas off the floor, wondering where there may be other food hiding, endlessly scouring bottles, nipples and assorted baby paraphanalia, and of course, finding time to lose the sweatpants before 2 in the afternoon. Now THAT's an accomplishment.
We have been just overwhelmed with support from everyone, and we are so happy to know that so many people already care deeply for her and worry about her when she is sick. Seeing our parents and their happiness around Ava was extremely satisfying, and we can't wait to find out what the future brings with family outings, holidays and visits.
By the way, the two pictures above are from Grandma Randi and Grandpa Al's camera when they visited us earlier in the week. Ava's expression is so cute looking up at Grandpa on the couch.
Scott and Anne journeyed to China in September, 2006 to adopt their daughter, Ava. Relive their experiences through their 
4 comments:
Anne and Scott - Gary was just asking if you all were back and I told him yes - but we hadn't see any home news yet. You are amazing and we are delighted that you're posting pictures again. I just love looking at that little face.
as you slog through lots of new things remember the golden nugget from Susie Stowell in the birthing center - you're the only parents Ava's ever had - she won't know if you do it wrong!
I hope you bounce back to full health soon. Take care.
Mae
Hey triple threat (that's Ava, Scott and Anne),
I'm so glad to hear that Ava is feeling better. Mango IS incredible - she's lucky, I didn't discover it until I was 24! Ju and I were worried about li'l A earlier this week, but it sounds like things are starting to normalize.
Hopefully, all of you will start sleeping better soon. That picture of Anne and Ava at the top is adorable, but I don't think I've ever seen my sister that tired. Take care of yourself, Anne! Treat yourself to some Michael's frozen custard or something. (:
So just let us know when you'd like to see us. We can come up on the weekend of the 13th or sometime thereafter. As my friend John Byrne said, as the godfather, I have to care for Ava's spiritual well-being. That's a heavy task! I can't wait. (:
Later dude, dudette, and mini-dudette.
Love, Dan and Ju
Re: your comment, "It's just been so difficult defining "normal" for her with the jet lag, sickness and our first attempt at parenthood, but I know we'll get there."...I'm so glad you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...
With all of the changes/chaos in life when becoming new parents, it'll really be nice when you feel you have a "normal" routine to fall back on. I'm really looking forward to this for you.
Thinking of you!
:-) Donna.
Anne and Scott
Kathy Kuno let me know that you are back with your beautiful daughter, Ava. I was thrilled viewing the photos and the joy you take in your new baby. Much happiness to you all.
I can't promise food but I do hope, Scott, that you will bring Ava up for all of us at AAA (the ones left, ha ha) to oooh and ahhh over.
Tim is going back to MI at the end of the year. This is not a good thing for us :*( but great for him.
Take care
Cam
Post a Comment