December 28, 2007

Another Chongqing Sister


We just learned an amazing story about the Gilleans, a family who traveled with us to Chongqing to pick up their daughter, Cara Grace.

On Family Day at the orphanage, they saw a little girl who was clapping and waiting for a family to call her own, yet no one was there to claim her that day. Now through some extraordinary events, they are hoping to adopt that same little girl, whom they saw. You can read more about their amazing story on their Web site.

Scott and I didn't see this little girl when we were there, I'm sorry to say. We were thinking of the rest of the little ones, but our eyes were solely focused on Ava. Now when I look through our photos, I see her - and you can see her in the above photo behind Anne, wearing peach pants.

Following in the wonderful example of Southern Ava's family, we have made a donation to the Gilleans in honor of Ava's special blogging sisters. You'll find a donation option at the bottom of their Web site if you're inspired to do the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's great. We're so humbled by the fact that we never noticed her in any of our pictures, but we do have several with her in them. Go Gillean's!

Happy New Year to you guys & we hope to see you in '08.

usafinks said...

thank you for your thoughtfulness... I have not yet looked though photos of our gotcha day yet... but I am making a point to during a quiet time.

Ning Ning is in our continued prayers and we are following her journey home

all of our love to you all

~ the finks

tarita said...

Thank you for your wonderful gift. We will be praying for Ning Ning that God will give her a special family.

Blessings,
Tarita

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your donation for my newest granddaugther We feel God has blessed us so much with Cara and now with ying ying I can't wait to hold her in my arms GoD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME




nana Gillean