November 20, 2007

How's the Weather Up There?

So Ava had her 2-year-old checkup today, and we got some surprising news. Turns out she's 35 inches, which translates to 79% on the American growth chart. And the nurse shared an interesting stat - if you take a 2-year-old's height and times it by 2, you know approximately how tall they'll be as an adult.

So, let's see. 35x2 = 70 inches. Yes, 5'10"! Know of anyone else who's exactly 5'10"? Yes, that would be Anne! Guess we know now why all of Ava's 18 month pants suddenly look cropped. Yes, Anne isn't the only one frequently spotted in highwaters now.

Ava's also 26 pounds, 1 ounce - or 41% on the weight chart. (Just in case anyone needs her full stats when making shopping decisions for Christmas.) :-) And she didn't cry when she got her flu shot - she just said owww and pouted.

Okay, there's the news from our little homestead. Enjoy your turkey everyone!

3 comments:

usafinks said...

how awesome!

I believe Annalee was 35 and 3/4 inches (I remember thinking... she's a yardstick!) at her 2 year appt! We are going to have a bunch of basketball players :)

wow, I guess there is no sharing clothes for me and my sweetie...

Lisa said...

How cool is that! Gracie's height was, I believe.. I'm at work so can't check.... but I believe she was 33" which puts her at 5'5". Very cool though and sounds like she was a real trooper during "shots"!! We can't get in to our pediatrician's office for flu shots until Dec 15th! UGH... so I am most likely going to take them to CVS or a walk-in . Happy Thanksgiving!!!

usafinks said...

popping in (during nap time) to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kiss that sweet girl for us!