


We found out today that Ava was really getting a kick out of us winking at her at the kitchen table. The first photo is Ava's attempt at copying us.
An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.
—An ancient Chinese belief
Scott and Anne journeyed to China in September, 2006 to adopt their daughter, Ava. Relive their experiences through their blog entries before, during and after the trip.
5 comments:
Yeah! More great Ava pics! Thanks for the fix! :-) :-) :-) Such a cute, smart, sweet little girl!
:-) Donna.
Okay, so I am seriously addicted to your blog :-) Next you should make "fishy lips" at her and see if she tries to copy you!
Jen
Hello sweet baby xoxo We love all your pictures and your "winking" picture is so fun! When you are all well, you can make all kinds of funny faces for Mama and Papa and make them laugh and you will all forget about being sick and life will be so good.
And dear Anne and Scott, you are such good parents!! And you have carried on while being sick yourselves. You've been angels.
Each day better and brighter ahead.
Oh, we love you, Grandma Mary and Grandpa Jim
Seriously Anne, you have to show me how to post a comment. I always have to wait until someone else does. Funny that Grandpa and Grandma are better bloggers than I am! It was great to chat with you these past few times, and I'm thrilled to see the new pix of you and your gorgeous family. Hang in there and hopefully things will begin to "slow down" (poop reference, gotta love it!) You look very thin and this big sis says "make sure you're taking care of yourself too!" Bananas and yogurt are easy on the tummy and help with the "situation." I can't wait to hug little Ava (well, and you guys too) but mostly Ava (get used to that) because she is so cute! Love the "wink eye," and I'll be teaching her all sorts of interesting things too. :0) Until then, I'll keep busy with your shower arrangements, and check back with you soon. I miss you, but you are doing the exact right thing with bonding at home. Sending you all tons of energy and health vibes for a speedier recovery!
xo
Kathy
p.s.
Are those seat covers I see on the furniture? You are OFFICIALLY parents now! Too funny! Man, I love you guys!
Gosh I did not realize your have all been so ill, until I read your notes. I was trying to forward your blog site to my cousin who just adopted a baby "Josie", and the adoption was just finalized. I know how easy it is to stay home and take care of what needs to be done and the other things just seem to wait. It was good you got Ava hydrated - those doctors sometimes, wait and wait..good job taking her back. I do not want to bother you during your days, please phone if there is anything you need! We are always out and about it seems. Hannah is going to Homecoming with a date this Saturday and those are huge changes in our house. The time goes by so fast, but yet I enjoyed it all along the way, with a few bumps! One of the tricks I always used when the kids were sick was putting their PJ's in the dryer to warm them up and their blankets before bedtime they loved it, and I have to say there were times as they got older in the winter when they remember and asked to do that again. Good luck with all your doing, it does pay off. ~Ann
Post a Comment