May 24, 2006

Our First Appleton Shower

On May 20, our family friend Bonnie, and Scott's mom Randi, hosted a beautiful baby shower for Anne. The Chinese theme was amazing - there were so many details to enjoy. Even Chinese lucky money envelopes climbed the stairwell. The Chinese food was fabulous, and there were coconut cupcakes (Anne's favorite!). It was great to visit with everyone, and it will be a wonderful memory to share with our daughter in the future. It's hard to describe all the incredible details of the shower, but perhaps some photos will help:


Isn't this amazing?


Randi and Bonnie, the fabulous hostesses, and Anne.


The Chinese bear holding a copy of the shower invitation, which was beautifully made by Erin.


Anne with Jen and Jennie (and a soon-to-be playmate for our daughter!). "Jen-squared," as Anne's mom said in high school.


Scott and Anne. (The guys stopped in for a while before heading to a movie.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Anne and Scott,

Your entry is as delightful as the baby shower.
What a sparkly party for a sparkly new mom and dad. I too am so thankful to Randi and Bonnie for their generosity and creativity. What a day, what a weekend (-:

Love you all, Grandma Mary (-:

Lisa said...

Oh how fun!!! What a great idea... Chinese theme!! Just think.... we are getting closer, closer and closer!!!! ONLY two more weeks of dossiers to go through!!!

{{Hugs}}
Lisa your fellow travel mate!!

Ro, Ro, sa, ta, and so said...

Hi Anne,

My name is Rochelle and I ran into your blog through the China Adoption Stories website. I am also from the Fox Valley (Combined Locks) and we adopted our daughter Sofia from China in March of 2005. I recognized my pharmacist Jennifer from your Appleton baby shower post! It's such a small world! She'll attest (I hope) that I am not a psycho-cyber-stalker!

Anyhoo, just wanted to wish you well. Hang in there...the wait is almost over...and the reward for your perseverance is SOOOOO SWEET!

Hoping your referral is on its way!

Rochelle
http://husshappenings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott and Anne...Just checking in since I know it's close now! I really enjoyed your photos and seeing the excitement on everyone's faces. Can't wait to hear that you've met your great love. Safe travels!